Monday 23 May 2011

Hart



Another sonnet - a love poem this time.. Do we take each other's sadness away? Yes. Is there a ground of sadness in life which is simply that of being alone? I think so. Is there a divine Heart which sends someone to us to ease that pain? I've no doubt. So then we can enter love's deep forest together as long as this is true. As long as we are true. And if we find a splash of sun in which to rest, we'll know the light comes from that Heart which is truth itself.

Hart (for H)

You took my sadness from me, left my heart
a shining gift which now I give to you.
And like its namesake - hart - it will depart
for love's deep forest only if it's true.
Its truth it finds when going along beside
a second self, a hart with boundless love,
which knows its peace and happiness reside
with forest green around and sun above.
So let us be one heart and chase the spring
which fills the world with buds of life and hope,
caressing leaf and flower until they sing
of love reborn and cover every slope.
Then in a splash of sun we'll take our rest
and hart with hart will know how each is blessed.

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment