Friday 23 March 2012

A Conversation



The poem says it all. Then any commentary comes to seem superfluous. But here it is, in the nature of a conversation. Even to talk about spirit, higher truth, inner being, is an unwieldy process. We seem to wake up to words, in the morning, instead of to being. A stream of words - and among those words your own name. This is my feeling anyway. And in the course of using words, as a poet, I arrive back at spirit, at being. For me, then, the inner being is a conscious, living, indisputable fact. And strange to say it is the person who writes as well as the person who is discovered by writing. This is the strange anomaly I find in my work: I am teacher and taught, creator and created. Therefore while I would like to speak and write as a teacher, authoritatively, I can only acknowledge that I am also a pupil, learning.

The best part of myself speaks to the best part of you. It is here and not here, just as yours is here and not here. This is the conversation. It is a conversation of spirit, between inner voice and inner ears. It can lift right off the page if we will allow it. And that is what I wanted to say to you today.

Jay

© Landar 2012. All rights reserved
 
Photo by Ilan Shacham
 
You are welcome to quote from PageLight on the condition that you cite the author and the source:
Author: Jay Landar
Source: www.pagelight.blogspot.com
For other permissions please contact the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment