Friday 27 January 2012

The House of Love


The road is long unless the way is lightened. I turned a corner from a busy road and heard a shower of birdsong. Immediately my way was brightened. A mile or two and I might reach the house of love.

Love has its own home and is there all the time. It exists at the highest point above. I look down into a deep well and see the reflected light of stars. The stars have moved on but they have left their light where it fell.

I am a traveler. Love is encased within me. On earth I am alone: a part of love which heaven once let fall.

All my roads are hard without the song. I recreate it in my heart constantly. My journey's end is not too far. The house of love - I'll reach it soon and touch the climbing buds around its gate.

Traveler (for H.)

And love, encased within me, seeks its own -
a universe where love is shared by all;
but life on earth decrees I am alone,
a part of love which heaven once let fall.
The rocks and woods, the cloudless, dreaming skies
conceal my heart, an absent passer-by;
and everywhere it travels it still tries
to paint a part of heaven for the eye.

Jay

© Landar 2012. All rights reserved


You are welcome to quote from PageLight on the condition that you cite the author and the source:
Author: Jay Landar
Source: www.pagelight.blogspot.com
For other permissions please contact the author.


No comments:

Post a Comment