Friday 24 February 2012

Shrine


I struggle to catch sight of the eternal. My faith is weak to aspire beyond myself. I seem to see the temple but no god within it. I discover the whole of creation, to the outermost limits of the universe, but no gate to let me through.

What are all these stories of transcendent self and mystical union? Just another barrier of words? Ah, but I find the simple heart of the fairy-tale more easy to comprehend! I will search to the very ends of the earth to find the purple flower which will heal my loved one. It lies hidden beside a crumbling wall. It lives in my dreams.

There is incorruptible beauty in the flower. Do I seek permanence? Never! What grows and blossoms fades and dies as well. Everything born in time and in creation passes away. But the beauty and its power of healing remain constant. The image of the loved one dwells inside the flower. I will take this flower and lay it beyond the crumbling wall - within duration.

Then finally I see that I myself am the threshold. I am myself what lies beyond the outer gate. Creation's temple is my own being - it lies in my own aspiring to find the god within.

Jay

© Landar 2012. All rights reserved


You are welcome to quote from PageLight on the condition that you cite the author and the source:
Author: Jay Landar
Source: www.pagelight.blogspot.com
For other permissions please contact the author.



No comments:

Post a Comment