Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Faraway Flower



As I seek to cross the bridge of no making I know that I cannot go alone. For on the other side I will be One, and that is impossible unless there is unity. The arch is steep and sheer, the columns deep and the ascent as narrow as life's way. The apex-stone is a diamond, holding both sides. But what lets me cross is the fact that our hands are linked - two with two, crossing in the middle, to form an unbreakable figure of eternity.

Do I know who I will cross with? Whoever it is has gone along life's way with me. He or she is my making, my completion. The road shines behind us, the cool water's breath rises up. Who do I seek union with? My self, my eternal partner, my lover? On the other bank of the river the ground will welcome our feet, its green light deep and untroubled.

Take my hand and we will cross, our human stories twined in fairytale. There has been loss and distress, parting and sorrow. There has been the magical light of a faraway flower which holds our image. Who will I cross with? Who am I alone for? The crossing of the bridge is one part of the union. The far shore is another. What is un-separateness? Do we have a right to seek the unified? Must we not place hands on that diamond, cross and link arms together, understand that the bridge only comes from our own being?

Jay


© Landar 2012. All rights reserved

You are welcome to quote from PageLight on the condition that you cite the author and the source:
Author: Jay Landar
Source: www.pagelight.blogspot.com
For other permissions please contact the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment