Sunday 31 July 2011

Of Crop Circles and Ley Lines or - The Green Harper



A summer-time fascination for crop circles has revived an old interest in ley-lines. I am 'connecting things up'. A cursory look at the Ordnance Survey map for my area reveals a plethora of holy wells, standing stones, burial grounds and churches, all of which can be formed into lines of power - with the help of a little bit of imagination. But what am I connecting to? What source am I searching for? What source am I finding? Am I looking into the blue eyes of St. Brigid, the green eyes of the Dagda Mor? I see their eyes looking inward, gazing at another form of eternity, a different map. The sky reflects on the water in the holy wells and I wait for my chance to dive in.

What a different life there is inside! The chambered cairns and burial mounds begin to speak their secrets. The old lives live again, noisy and jostling. We are looking for the original drink, the well of wisdom, the pattern that rises in the barley-field in high summer. And the voice above others says, 'Look inside yourself!' So I consent to be the handmaid of Christ and the Green Harper for a time to look into the alternate universe inside myself.

How many lines of power I see! How can I connect them? Churches and stones and crosses go shooting off to left and right. Am I looking for a saint to reveal my way? I have agreed to be my own saint for the duration. The tension in the lines is almost more than I can bear. Is it possible to be your own guiding principle? I have no other choice. The artistic form in the crop circle is my own forming power. It is the force of wisdom. I cannot delegate - I cannot ascribe it to any buried holy man. It goes back to myself. The holy self is what I see in the wells, in the shining eyes, in the lines of force craving for a beginning. I am destined to work this out endlessly in the crop of my life. The possibilities are limitless. The holy self in me is the same as the one I find splashed across my map.

Therefore I say, you have maps folded in you - maps and maps. There is no other revelator than yourself. The wisdom of the world is in your own eyes and its sound carries through time like the music of the harp.

Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment