Friday 14 October 2011

The Pure White Lily Flower



The search for the intangible is a delicate process. It takes you to the very edge of what you're capable of perceiving - to the twilight hours, to the crepuscular borders of sleep. It leaves you frustrated with the ordinary light, the daylight hours which seem to only exist to lead you towards those hidden pathways. Included in this is the path to love - to the ideal of love and to the perfect picture of the loved one which is all that love exists for. No twilight is long enough to let those images come close to the soul.

And here I confess I lose my way because I find only the intangible purity of the soul itself, which bears the image of the loved one. In that region the only form of converse is prayer - prayer to the being of purity who occupies that space just on the other side of twilight. In a sense that being is the finest part of the soul as well as being the pure image of the loved one. And in my world that being - she - steps forth from the shadows into the most delicate process of searching. The intangible becomes alive -alive with the pure white lily flower as it contemplates the night; with the birds who know what song means to the evening.

I can find the golden smile I seek; together we can soothe away the thousand tears of day. And though I lose my way I know there is always someone who stands close by.


Jay
©landar 2011. All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment